Generator and Motor Winder
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
- Rewind various-electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience making and installing random/mush wound coils, form wound coils, brake coils, low/medium/high voltage A/C stators and rotors.
- Strong-organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain all safety and safe-working-condition requirements and steps
- Ability to wear task-appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 75 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodations
If you would like to apply, send your information to:
Broward Armature & Generator
340 SW 21st Terrace
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
Click to View Job Positions Below: