AC/DC Winders, Motor Mechanics and Machinists
Broward Armature, the leader in electrical apparatus and power systems services, is looking for experienced rotating apparatus technicians to work on industrial motors and wind generators.
Broward Armature is seeking only experienced Electric Motor Shop Technicians, with experience as a Winder, Mechanic and/or Machinist. Prefer experience working on both AC & DC machines, form coil, mush and random coils, of both motors and wind generators.
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Need solid mechanical aptitude, good hand-eye coordination, and excellent manual dexterity.
• At least 3 years related experience preferred.
• Must be willing and able to work regular overtime including weekends and some holidays, and either day or night shift.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 75 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Successful candidates will have the following:
High school diploma or GED; certificate from a Technical School in a mechanical or electrical trade is a plus
Strong familiarity with various electric motor & generator connections
A solid mental acuity to accurately follow instructions and work procedures
A positive, team-oriented attitude in which you will take pride in your work and hold yourself accountable for the quality and accuracy of your work
A solid mechanical aptitude, including ability to effectively use all common hand tools
Basic PC skills
Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English
Be willing to potentially work any shift with overtime
Travel if necessary
Regularly stand and work in one place for extended periods, have excellent finger dexterity, good hand/eye coordination, and good eyesight
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Electrical mechanics perform some or all of the following duties while upholding all aspects of Safety Programs and Safety Policies:
- Frequent Safety Training and the ability to work safe at all times.
- Test and observe electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and repair electric motors, hydroelectric generators, pumps, generators and other electro-mechanical equipment
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils for electric motors or generators
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors by welding, brazing or soldering electrical connections and by aligning and adjusting parts
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring, parts or components in electrical apparatus
- Test repaired motors, generators, large pumps or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
- Perform some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators or other parts
- Operate Fork Truck
- Operate Class C Vehicles
If you would like to apply, send your information to:
Mike Brochu Jr.
Broward Armature and Generator
340 SW 21st Terrace
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312